compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Performance Corporation is an industry leading packaging manufacturer, recycler and trucking company that has been family owned and operated since 1981. We employ over 250 workers at our Northeast Wisconsin and Upper Michigan locations.
Employees at Performance work in a team based environment and are recognized as the company's greatest asset. Through job skills training and open communications with team leaders and managers, employee efforts and ideas support an ongoing company commitment to being "customer focused and cost competitive" in a fast-paced, labor intensive industry.
Performance Corp. is actively seeking a motivated and well-organized Administrative Assistant to help support our office staff in daily operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answer incoming calls and transfer to appropriate person/department
• Directing incoming traffic through yard gate
• Assist on-site visitors and communicate arrivals to internal personnel/department (including deliveries & pick-ups)
Transportation Team Support
• Run reports from ELD database and saved/entered accordingly (Google Docs, Excel Spreadsheets)
• Scan, file and shred Professional Driver Worksheets
• Enter data from Maintenance Work Orders into system
• Completing & filing equipment registration and licensing paperwork
• Manage fuel cards for professional drivers
• Enter incidents, including DOT Roadside Inspections, into appropriate database
• Maintain up to date Driver Qualification files by running annual reports and scheduling required drug/medical tests.
Accounting & Payroll Support
• Scan, file and mail all company invoices and payables
• Stuffing payroll checks
General Office Support
• Overall support to office and production personnel
• Print forms and labor sheets for Production Supervisors
• Upload applications into CATS Database
• Enter customer & vendor data into ACT Database
• Assist with internal company events & meals
• Distribute incoming mail & packages to appropriate personnel/mailboxes
• Order office supplies
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
Education & Experience
• High school Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read & interpret documents such safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Knowledgeable in the use of computers, including the ability to enter information into Microsoft Excel/Google Docs, use Microsoft Word, and other programs as required.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• General work conditions are those that are typically found in an office setting.