compensation: Compensation will be determined by the qualified candidates experience. Approximate range of $20-$22 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a working lead position that serves two purposes: serves as shift lead and provides leadership that makes decisions related to personnel, safety, quality, productivity, and plant emergencies and secondly, ensures that materials are safely brought to and from machine workstations in a timely matter so production is not interrupted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Make sure all processes and procedures regarding safety, quality and housekeeping are being followed. (All S.O.P’s, shift quality reports, and production logs)
• Makes sure employees are working “on schedule”. Monitors production targets and engages necessary help when needed.
• May be asked to help with continuous improvement plans regarding safety, quality and productivity.
• Assist Plant Manager in utilizing and delegating personnel effectively; make necessary personnel arrangements for call-ins and discipline employees when necessary.
• Give input on employee evaluations including giving Plant Manger frequent feedback on employee performance.
• Advises crews on quality issues and completes quality checks (at least two per shift per line is the target) Ensures all resources have the information to succeed.
• Responsible for ensuring final counts are accurate before going closing out orders
• Takes charge during emergencies. (Severe weather, fires, etc.)
• Ensure all lines have adequate materials and sign off on changeover checklists.
• Review inventory levels to ensure they are adequate for current and upcoming job. Report any shortages to appropriate personnel.
• Perform routine inspections to ensure the suitable working nature of forklift equipment.
• Assist the Material Handler in loading and unloading materials off or onto pallets, platforms, skids, racking or trailers, to ensure their success. May be done manually or with different types of lifting devices (forklift, clamp truck, hand truck, etc.).
• Fill in for Material Handler to cover vacations.
• Report to Supply Chain Manager any damage to racks, faulty equipment or any other safety hazards.
• Work in accordance with the state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines along with all company policies and procedures.
• General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas.
• Ability to work in a plant environment – sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach, and stoop as needed
• Must be able to read and correctly interpret all documents for proper handling of incoming and outgoing material.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry heavy items up to 30 pounds
• Commitment to observe and uphold safety procedures
• Ability to multitask is a must.
• High school diploma
• Forklift/box and roll clamp certification preferred
• Ability to prioritize, delegate, and multitask are essential
• Exceptional leadership and people skills.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers